blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier

To clear up any confusion that this review may bring about, I have tried the EDP concentration of Classique, in a woman's torso shaped bottle with intricate, lace-like detailing. From what I've heard, the EDT and EDP are two entirely different scents.

This fragrance is a warm floral. It speaks to me as the essential feminine scent, one that is indeed very classic in its appeal. It does have a rather oriental feel, possibly due to the anise, ginger, plum, vanilla and amber.

Classique is often difficult to describe. It's recognizable in the sense that it's a popular scent, however when worn on the skin it stirs up so many different opinions. I enjoy Classique, I also find it worthy of its acclaim.

This fragrance is heavy, but show me one fragrance that has lasted decades which isn't. It's a mixture of rich floral accords, subtle spices and an interesting creamy sweetness. While I do love this composition, I must admit that the sweetness doesn't work too well with my chemistry.

A wardrobe classic but also perhaps a little overworn, Classique is in my opinion, a love it or a hate it. The same could be said of its male counterpart, Le Male. It's thankfully everything I hoped it would be; sexy, rich, floral and feminine. The perfect fragrance to represent a true woman.

04 April, 2012