scentsitivity's avatar

L'Ambre de Carthage by Isabey

I am curious about most any amber fragrance, so when this became available I was glad to try it. The notes, per Luckyscent are as follows:

Cistus, Bergamot, Osmanthus, Jasmine Tea, Patchouli, Amber, Sandalwood, Olibanum, Musk

Luckyscent also put this on the extreme right of their masculine/feminine scale (i.e., masculine), something that they don’t do too often. And with osmanthus as a note? Hmmm… As to the fragrance itself: I was a bit surprised (and disappointed at first) to find this to be more centered on floral notes, particularly the osmanthus/jasmine tea accord, than on amber. There is also a tart citric note early on in the development that I find to be aggravating. The fragrance this reminds me most of is Hermèssence Osmanthe Yunnan, but Isabey’s offering is poor in comparison. Certainly unisex, but nothing that I would recommend.

08 April, 2012