blood-orange's avatar

Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

For men? Really, I'm not convinced. The day I wore this, I received so many compliments. I didn't feel like this needed gender bending at all.

I usually hate dominant citrus notes in my fragrances, especially when grapefruit plays a leading role, but Bergamote 22 has proven that a perfectly refreshing citrus scent without harshness or sour accords can be achieved.

Bergamote 22 sparkles with such brightness and prettiness. In truth, the name is a little misleading as the woods are quite a feature in this fragrance.

There's a sweet aspect to this fragrance that is difficult to explain. It's a clean floral to my nose with an interesting soapy quality, especially towards the drydown. I only noticed the sweetness on the tester card, but not my skin.

On my skin, the masculinity of this fragrance appears. For the first few minutes it's a clean and crisp blend of citrus and musk, however vetiver and amber really feature after the top notes fade. This fragrance also struggled to last on me.

On others Bergamote 22 has wonderful sillage and longevity. I so wanted this fragrance to work for me, but like all citrus scents, they don't go well with my chemistry.

I have not been entirely let-down by this fragrance, in fact I'm thoroughly impressed. I highly recommend.

12 April, 2012