fragrance-fetish's avatar

A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

Most people either love or hate Mugler fragrances; especially with the Pure line, it's rare to find someone who's on the fence about them. Regardless what side you fall on, when you hear Mugler A*Men Pure, you're not going to think of something that's conservative and safe. But that's exactly what Pure Shot is, a safe fragrance. A very good safe fragrance, but still, a safe fragrance.

As for the fragrance, don't get me wrong, it's very nice and I like it a lot. I'll let others review the notes, but it's a good mint scent that's a very good choice for the office on warm Spring day. If you like mint scents, you won't be disappointed.

But that's where the problem with this lies. It's something that's safe enough to wear to an office. While I'm happy he made something that doesn't contain the expected A*Men DNA, I would not expect it to be a clean, conservative, and inoffensive. That's why I'm giving it a neutral rating even though this is probably going to be one of my go-to scents this Spring. I wanted something more in your face.

The A*Men line conjures up images of rebelliousness, risk taking, daring, and people taking sides on if they love it or hate it. Those are not things this fragrance brings to mind. If he released this outside of the A*Men line and just called it something like "Mugler Shot", I think would certainly give it a thumbs up.

They can't all be winners.

12 April, 2012