blood-orange's avatar

Panthère de Cartier by Cartier

Whenever I smell Panthere de Cartier, I think chandeliers, red velvet sofas, expensive champagne and exquisite evening gowns. This fragrance seems to be the perfect example of class and distinction.

While the opening of Panthere is rather alchoholic, what dries on the skin is absolutely beautiful. This fragrance is the perfect blend of rich florals, exotic spices and bright, cheerful citrus, which gives this fragrance a golden-like feel.

It's a very confident fragrance. Bold, rich and reminiscent of those typical powerhouse 80's fragrances. Panthere is a little similar to Boucheron, Annick Goutal's Passion and Dior's Poison. On the skin, Panthere is incredibly elegant and feminine, however it's not a fragrance for young girls.

I love these kinds of strong scents, however whenever I wear them colleagues of mine, who are less understanding of perfume, will comment that I smell old, half wondering why I don't wish to smell of Paris Hilton and the likes. Well, if Panthere is what old smells like, then I'm eagerly awaiting my 50th birthday.

Despite this fragrance's complexity, Panthere has quite dominant hints of lemon, pepper, ginger, carnation, gardenia, ylang ylang, patchouli, vanilla and incense. In terms of the hard-to-come-by EDP, the lasting power is incredible and its projection equally as impressive.

I do not hestitate to refer to Panthere as a classic, one that has stood the test of time alonsgide Chanel, Dior and Guerlain. Cartier is a house that I greatly respect and one that has released many exquisite and lovable fragrances.

20th April, 2012