blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler

Ice*Men is surprisingly Thierry Mugler's most masculine offering, having barely any similarities in reagrds to the rich, chocolatey A*Men and the spicy caramel B*Men. In fact, Ice*Men has taken a big leap away from the gourmands, and has established itself as quite a fresh aromatic fragrance.

All Thierry Mugler creations usually suit my skin type, however Ice*Men is something I'll be saving for a male friend of mine. This fragrance is masculine, far too masculine for me to get away with wearing it. It actually reminds me very much of one of my favourite masculine fragrances, the classic Davidoff's Cool Water.

There is no doubt Ice*Men is refreshing, however I can't say that I find it particularly icy or cool. It feels like your typical, masculine aquatic; watery, crisp, an essential Summer scent. When I smell Ice*Men I think of a day on the beach, not a refrigerator or an ice cold drink.

The sillage wasn't as light as I expected it to be either, and it proved to be just as lasting and strong as other Thierry Mugler creations. I personally prefer the unisex Mugler Cologne for refreshing spritzes during the hot weather, however I can definitely see this fragrance working well on a man's skin.

20th April, 2012