blood-orange's avatar

Scent Gloss by Costume National

Scent Gloss leaves me a little underwhelmed like Scent Sheer did. Everything else from this brand seems a little bit daring, even if a touch unisex, however Scent Gloss is very feminine; girly and 'pink'. A scent better suited to the younger crowd.

It's a delicate and inoffensive blend of pink rose, strawberry, orchid and white musk. The outcome is quite fresh and sweet, even if a little juvenile. It settles like a body spray, yet one that lasts.

The rose is very watered down in Scent Gloss, in fact all I managed to smell was the musk and the fruity nuances. It's a linear fragrance, one that doesn't develop all that well, and it's usually in these cases that I become irritated by perfume brands, 'playing it safe'.

Because it smells so innocent and feminine, I can see why someone would recommend this for weddings. It would suit a white and flowery atmosphere, like that of a childhood dream. Rainbows, lollipops and big, white fluffy dresses aren't really my thing, so I think I'll skip Scent Gloss.

21st April, 2012