blood-orange's avatar

Brit for Men by Burberry

It was slightly difficult for me to collect my thoughts and form an opinion regarding Brit for Men, because the scent kind of left me slightly disappointed.

Burberry Brit for Men, seems to me, to be lacking in substance and character. I can barely smell it, apart from spontaneous wafts of powdery ginger and damp woods. Perhaps it is supposed to be subtle, and while I don't like anything too strong on a man, this is going way beyond subtlety.

Sporty, casual maybe, but nothing too outstanding. Pleasant enough but underwhelming in the sense that it doesn't evoke any kind of feelings in me. Honestly, this fragrance could suit a man that loathes fragrance.

The powderiness is not bothersome for me, as I don't find it feminine like some reviewers perceive Brit for Men to be. It's masculine but too faint. There's not enough power to make me love it.

I didn't pick up on a rose note at all, but I advise men to not be turned off by rose in a masculine composition. Rose, when done well, can smell amazing on a man, take Le Labo's Rose 31, for example.

21st April, 2012