Oproust's avatar

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Bleu strikes me as an enjoyable woody aromatic with a no nonsense grapefruit/citrus opening that lingers well into the progression of the fragrance. The ginger/spicy middle and woody/vetiver base notes are also prominent and are well-blended. I must admit the other listed notes escape my nose. The bottom line is I really enjoy Bleu. It is fresh, woody, and spicy. This basic formula is not rocket science, but its successful execution is. This is where the Chanel product surpasses so many others. I don't get the synthetic vibe that others do. Bleu garners many compliments and thus is popular in the mass market. This is not a bad thing. Keep the cash flow coming to Chanel and more of the "traditional" favorites will emerge. Until then, I have a feeling we will be seeing this one around for awhile being disparaged and purchased simultaneously.

10th May, 2012