Zut's avatar

Black Jade by Lubin

At first, I was a literally taken aback by this fragrance. I found it quite weird actually. The loud flowery beginning with the clashing chypre overtones made me think: We're off to a very bad start here. And although there is not even a hint of licorice in the Black Jade olfactory pyramid, I swear I could smell it. All in all, a very bad first impression. Fortunately, as soon as the dry-down began, I had the most pleasant surprise! The rich, warm amber notes started to emerge and this ugly duckling turned into a most beautiful swan. A friend of mine just bought it and she is absolutely mesmerized by this opulent and complex oriental amber-chypre composition. I believe a man could very well wear Black Jade too. I may consider it myself for next fall.

12 May, 2012