surge's avatar
    surge

Himalaya by Creed

IMHO this fragrance isn't like the other Creed's that I enjoy (Aventus, Millisime Imperial, GIT) -- it lacks originality and that unique *whatever* that makes the other Creeds I like worth paying as much as I do for them. Himalaya doesn't seem to have that...whatever it is that I look for in a niche fragrance. It's not a bad fragrance by any means, there's just nothing that stands out about it to me that says "oh this is nice" -- or "oh this is definitely worth as much as I paid for it"

It's almost like this could be a brand name fragrance from guess or something.

Anyways...notewise, top is very fresh and citrus like.
    I get a nice citrus blast, then musk and sandalwood.

I'd take Aventus over this fragrance any day of the week for any occaison....which is kind of a similar concept but the top is fruiter with Aventus, which I enjoy.

EDIT:

Alright I'm changing my mind about this one...giving it a thumbs up. It's a cool spring day in NY and Aventus just doesn't cut it for a work fragrance, so I decided to wear Himalaya to the office today...Aventus is too "loud" if you know what I mean, and SMWis too "quiet."

Himalaya, I think, is probably the *best* work fragrance, right there in the middle...fresh but not loud and not offensive...but it's still not worthy of the price that creed sells it for.

22 January, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 May, 2012)