icanzapyou's avatar

A*Men Pure Shot by Thierry Mugler

The way I see it, there's two ways to approach this fragrance. One can choose to look at it independent of the other A*Men flankers and try to judge it by itself. Alternatively, one can compare it to the rest of the flankers and decide whether or not they like it.

My take is: no matter how you judge this thing, it's just horrifying. Now, I choose to compare this thing to the other A*Men flankers, which I happen to like very much. My gosh, how much more could you possibly screw up the entire A*Men line? This is nothing like any of the other Pures. It's not sweet, it's not spicy, it's not interesting. If anything, this is musty. I realize that this is supposed to be an interpretation of mint, the same way Havane is cigars, Malt is whiskey, and so on. Well, problem number one was that when I first smelled this, I didn't really pick up the mint note at all. I don't think this does mint any justice at all.

This is bizarre. It conjures the mental connotation of a dusty old attic. Or like something died. Forget longevity, forget projection. The scent itself is disgusting. Pure Shot is the phantom menace of the fragrance world.

25 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 May, 2012)