barclaydetolly's avatar

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

I tried this one several times in little sample spray vials, and liked it quite a lot; it was like a nice cigar mixed with some sweet vanilla, sugar, and a dash of powder. Then I splurged and purchased a bottle. Ugh! What a difference. Out of the bottle, the A*Men base (which I find acrid and unwearable) predominated, and I barely smelled any tobacco hiding under it. Consequently, I'm in a quandry about how to review Pure Havane; the testers are a big thumbs up, but my bottle is a big thumbs down. I guess the overall is a neutral.

Update: I just received a bottle (5/12) from one of Mugler's reissues, and it smells just like the samples I received a while ago. It's a great scent, much better than the original A*Men. I'm therefore changing this to a thumbs up.

03 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 30th May, 2012)