purplebird7's avatar

Zeta by Tauer

This is my favorite Andy Tauer perfume after Maroc Pour Elle. I smelled Zeta the same week that the Linden trees bloomed in my neighborhood, and it was a dead-ringer (meaning exact replica) of that heady blossom. This perfume captures the “pollen-y” aroma of that sweet, honeyed, green, lime-like flower, albeit being a little more soapy than the real thing. It develops nicely, never leaving its realism behind. In short, I’m impressed. My only disappointment is that it doesn’t last a long as I’d like. Yet, its sudden disappearance is better than if it had meandered toward a base that changed the aroma. Do you know what I mean? It could have wiltedinto a wan vanilla or dried down to a musk base, but no, it held firm, without compromise, linden to the end. And then…nothing more. Beautiful.

01st June, 2012