The_Cologneist's avatar

Rouge Royal for Men by Marina de Bourbon

The opening to this is amazing! Imagine M7 without the oud note. I get an herbal cherry opening, reminds me of cherry Halls cough drops. There's a menthol like quality about it, similar to cough drops too, it just goes right up your nose and hits your lungs -- in the best way possible. The honey note becomes very prominent in the middle, as does an exceptionally well done lemon note. As if it couldn't get any better.. the base, I primarily get sandalwood, but to be frank, one of the best and most natural smelling sandalwood phases I have ever smelled, and I LOVE my sandalwood! This fragrance is a true winner, and very inexpensive. Projection is above average as well, and longevity is 8-10 hours on my skin. My only problem is finding the appropriate time to wear this. It can be dressed up or down, but because of the notes, I think it goes better in cooler weather, which is not the season for that right now in Florida. I will be wearing this for sure, after Summer. This fragrance is also very "niche-like", as it is more daring than most of which you would find at the mall. Quality wise, however.. I don't think it is quite niche quality, but it certainly does not smell cheap.

02 June, 2012