The_Cologneist's avatar

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Certainly one of the better citrus fragrances out there, although becoming harder and harder to find as it is now discontinued. From the opening, I get a heavy dose of lemon, although not lemon alone, I also get some other orange citruses, whether orange, tangerine, or maybe even bergamot, there is definitley something there besides lemon. I also get a little neroli, and pink pepper. The pepper dies down and the vanilla begins to emerge, this all happens in the opening. It dies down to vanilla, light citrus, and soft woods on my skin. The first 10 minutes or so, isn't exactly favorable to me. It is similar to Allure Homme Sport in that period, where the pepper clashes with the citrus. To my nose, they just don't mesh well together. Fortunately, Chnael's quality prevails, as does the great Jacques Polge. Edition Blanche is clearly a part of Polge's workmanship. People say the longevity is horrid, but it's really excellent. It lasts a good 8-10 hours, although it does sit very close to the skin after the 2 hour mark.

10th June, 2012