Mimi Gardenia's avatar

J'Adore by Christian Dior

Three notes listed on dior.com- ylang ylang, damask rose and jasmine sambac.
    Well ,we all know there is much more to J'Adore than those three notes. What about the champaca ?? I find it interesting that on the Dior website, their olfactory notes section doesn't tell us more than three notes for each scent.
    Dear Dior.com People, do you think that we ,the general public , are unable to process the idea of more than three notes at a time ???

Personally I dislike that elongated bottle neck a lot . Personally, I don't know how J'Adore stays so popular as to be No 1 on the bestseller lists.
    Be prepared for negativity in this little review /sampling note . Apologies to all who love this scent. Believe me, my life would be much simpler and my wallet fatter, if I also loved this scent more than others !

Today I was obsessed with re sniffing J'Adore. I don't know how The Fragrance Demons attack me in the night that I awake with such a desire to re sniff something I already know, I am not very fond of to begin with ! Off to Cow Town Mall I went.
    J'Adore EDP is beautiful to begin with . There is a classical glow at first with such a blend of jasmine , rose and ylang ylang that I get this peachiness. It's like 'diffusive silk' . I love my peach so this was good smelling so far. J'Adore at this point is pretty and swoon worthy . It does seem to present some kind of olfactory picture of " Gold" . I thought to myself " I don't remember J'Adore smelling this romantic and gorgeous. "

Fast forward to the drydown . This is where my problem with J'Adore occurs. I come across this nose WALL block - perhaps it's the fruity blackberry ,perhaps violets and musk combo that really is awful on me. It's like wet cardboard - dank ,screechy ,artificial and this is the character smell of J'Adore I always associate with it. Too bad. The opening of J'Adore is gorgeous and the drydown is like some schizoid character on my skin. That schizoid character just loves to hang around . Hours later and I am smelling seriously of cardboard. it sits right here on my arm and firmly in my poor nose.
    It could be worse, J'Adore Eau de Cardboard could've given me a migraine but it doesn't. For this, it gets ' un point '.

If I had not waited till the dry down and bought J'Adore on the spot based on that silky waft of peachy-rose-jasmine , I would have been upset .That wall block of offensiveness at the dry down - such a chemical spill on my skin - would have made me take my purchase right back to Cow Town Mall for my refund.

10th June, 2012