odysseusm's avatar

Juniper Sling by Penhaligon's

I've downgraded my earlier review. I still like the scent, but I don't find it to be outstanding.
    It has a brisk, aromatic opening. If applied liberally, one finds a good and accurate juniper note: tonic, energetic, bright, coniferous, green and herbal. Just what I'm looking for. I enjoy it, and wish it laster longer. It is regrettably short.
    The spices open up and a hint of leather emerges.
    The scent is not at all sweet -- it is masculine, restrained and dry. It offers a low-key leather-wood combo as it dries down. I don't know where the brown sugar and black cherry are... and I'm glad! I don't miss them at all!
    I summary, this is a pleasant, masculine scent. It is smooth, and primarily a peppery wood sort of scent -- and thus my reservations emerge. A scent called "Juniper Sling" should feature and maintain the green-aromatic juniper note much more than this scent does.

23rd January, 2012 (Last Edited: 13th June, 2012)