gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Philosykos by Diptyque

After a spell getting increasingly bored by sniffing same old same old, I stumbled upon this marvelous green wonder which shifted my frame of reference.
    My first trial on a cool spring day demonstrated how a perfume can lift the mood and hold you in a bubble of contentment. Sappy, vegetal, a bit earthy, full of the vitality of living, growing things, this also has a milky comfort note lurking within it. A juicy delight. Fortunately thereís no ripe fig sweetness to it which would have seriously distorted its immaculate conception. Curiously the undertow of coconut (a note thatís usually a turn off) seems just right.
    I floated on this gorgeous cloud and the colours of the city seemed brighter and sharper for it. And wonder of wonders Ė it held onto its radiant opening right to the very end.
    I thought Iíd found my ideal summer scent only to discover that it vanishes at temperatures over 20C, as also with physical exertion. But on cool days it will hold its own.
    A footnote: I received deeply traumatic news on a day when I was wearing Philosykos and now find I canít go back to it again.

14 July, 2012