flathorn's avatar

With Love by Guerlain

Thanks to Quarry for turning me on to this delightful rose fragrance - I would have definitely overlooked it, and missed out on this shimmering light, carefree rose, actually kind of unique. Smelling With Love, it seems such an effortless, obvious rendition of rose - it takes so well to the light, airy shimmer of this construction. Why are so few around, or at least done well? I too am puzzled it's a limited edition which wasn't picked up.
    I love rose fragrances, which means wading through a painful assortment of cheap, synthetic, screechy or fetid-rosewater varieties. I was frankly surprised, but thrilled, this one achieved the airy sparkle it has without veering into a dreaded territory for me, a special level of hell - the department store fragrance counter.
    MarksCarltonLane's review is spot on. Thanks Quarry!

14th July, 2012