gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Parfum Sacré by Caron

The luxuriousness of some Caron blends prompts a ‘just can’t get enough’ urge. What is it about Parfum Sacre that makes me want to bathe in it, regardless of whether this would actually be a good idea? I don’t know. It’s like an exquisitely crafted object which has been meticulously polished and burnished until it’s difficult to believe human hands were involved in the making. Here we have a balmy, woody, myrrh which radiates comfort; there are satiny powders lurking and delicate spices that please even my low tolerance; the floral elements sing off-stage (I can’t spot a rose or jasmine note, just the breath of something fresh and sweet); the whole is like an aura cocooning the wearer. Glorious exhilarating stuff. Has risen swiftly into the ranks of my all time favourites.
    (Review is for EDP.)