tuittumurmeli's avatar

Finland Finland

No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

I received a bottle as a gift from my SO last autumn. I had, actually, wished for the original No. 19. Alas, I soon learned to love the new edition. Its tone is so caressing, soft and sensual, yet its also very restrained and elegant. Whereas the original No. 19 is to me a fresh, brisk green one and a great perfume by itself, compared to Poudré the original conveys the image of Honoria from the Jeeves and Wooster series: it feels sharp, perky and girl scout like. I do not have anyone casted for Poudré, but although I can find the original's elementary notes from it, Poudré has them veiled behind a chiffon layer of poudery iris. I found myself pairing the Poudré with cashmere knits on icy cold winterdays. Both felt equally soft and tender.

19th July, 2012