msi_21's avatar

Iran Iran

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense by Prada

I used to wear and enjoy the soapy ambery scent of original Prada Amber Pour Homme. To my surprise this one is nothing like the original. I mean you definitely can detect those soapy ambery notes here as well, but this one is geared toward a completely different direction. In fact here the scent is dominated by a combination of Patchouli and Myrrh. The soapy ambery base of original is present here to provide a gentle and clean foundation to the whole composition.

In the dry down I get a very nice scent with a classic touch. Given the strong presence of Patchouli and clean basenotes, the only scent comes to my mind is Givenchy Gentleman. Albeit Patchouli is supported by Citrus and Chypre notes there while here it is combined with Myrrh and soapy ambery basenotes.

I really liked the sleek and slim bottle of original with beautiful light blue juice inside. The change in color had negative aesthetic effect on the bottle IMO and this one looks more like a mechanical tool!

It has moderate longevity and projection. Overall: 8.5 out of 10.

24 July, 2012