kmfdm10392's avatar

Odeur 71 by Comme des Garçons

I've always been attracted to left of center scents, especially everyday things you smell around the house or in public. I was always the child standing close to the campfire because I liked the way burning leaves smell. I was the art student who enjoyed the smell of oil paint and turpentine. And I'm that weirdo who stands close to the pump because I like the smell of petrol. Mind you, I don't huff paint and/or chemical fumes for some drug-induced mental experience. I just enjoy certain odors and the mental and emotional associations they bring about. And I've always enjoyed colognes and perfumes that feature uncommon notes that offer those sorts of experiences. Those that go beyond "gee, you smell nice."
    Having said all that, I have found CdC 71 can be very polarizing. My boyfriend claims that every time I wear it , he thinks there is an electrical fire somewhere in the house, like something has shorted out. My childhood friend Paul says it reminds him of his days in the printing press warehouse. Needless to say the former hates 71 and the latter likes it. And I find that polarization is one of its greatest gifts.

30th July, 2012