marcusman's avatar

Santal Blush by Tom Ford

Wow! This is my HG fragrance for my wife, if that makes any sense. This fragrance is an ephemeral pleasure that I enjoyed at first spray so much I bought a 500.00 flacon on the spot. This is the most pleasant presentation of Santal that I ever put my nose on. The name is dead on: Sandelwood(Santal) with floral/rose/flowers blooming/pink (Blush).

The fragrance is fairly linear with only minimal development that occurs in the first few minutes. This is usually consider bad for a fragrance but in this case I love it because fragrance s ells so great the fact that it does not develop just means you smell great all the way through the dry down. I detect 3 distinct notes: Sandelwood, Floral (of which rose is the only actual flower I detect again ie. "Blush"), and cedar. I pretty much dete t these notes throughout the dry down. Most Sandelwood fragrances I have smelled are usually on the "dry" side. In this case the fragrance has a "wet" feel. Not in the marine or aqua sense but more like stepping outside after a heavy rain where everything is soaked but the sun has come out and is shining on the puddles and the leaves and grass are wet. The fragrance has minimal to moderate sillage- you catch whiffs of fragrance here and there. It last 8-10 hours and projects about the same the whole time. Thie projection could be a turn off if you enjoy scents like Black Orchid. This is the type of scent that draws others in for a "second whiff". I would consider this a feminine fragrance- IMHO.

A visual of the fragrance: Imagine stepping out into your backyard after a heavy rain storm. The wind broke into two several Sandelwood trees and a small cedar tree. Your rose bushes and other flowers are blown all over your yard. The ground is puddled with rain water and the trees are soaked. You step into your yard and take a deep breath. Bingo- you just smelled the most amazing fragrance called Santal Blush.

12 August, 2012