Swanky's avatar

Kanøn Agarwood by Kanon

Kanon Agarwood is my favorite from this house, mostly because I find it more interesting than the other entries. There is nothing especially modern about this fragrance. It is definitely surprising that a budget house would release something this unique in this decade. The closest analog I can think of is Parfum d'Habit. Agarwood is like a mainstream attenuated version of MPG's great masculine. The synthetic oud and rosewood combo approximates the civet-like sharpness of Parfum d'Habit without it's TNT-level power. I agree with Shamu that it also resembles some potent feminines, especially Vagabond, Cabaret and their ilk.

I cannot make great claims for this perfume but I suspect that the Marshall's bin location and sub-$10 price will scare some away that may actually enjoy this oddball contemporary product. The risk is minimal at this pricepoint and I was pleasantly surprised.

12 August, 2012