Smelly Beast's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Oud Cuir D'Arabie by Montale

The first thing you get when you apply this is a very barnyard, fecal note, I'm not sure if this is caused by cambodian oud or a very animalic leather. But once you pass that stage the whole composition gets softer and a toned down version of the classic rose oud Montale combo emerges. I also get a pipe tobacco smell together with the leather in this stage that is very interesting. While it evolves the composition becomes very resinous, leathery and animalic, it gets very close to the skin becoming a skin scent, and when you think the scent is gone, you suddenly get a waft of it trough the air. Just marvelous!

I confess that the first time i tested it I got shocked by the opening accord. But then it started growing on me and I became addicted to its leathery, resinous and animalic characteristics, I think this is the best Montale I have tested this far. Highly recommended for all leather freaks out there.

11th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 August, 2012)