Allen-on-Holiday's avatar

Spark for Men by Liz Claiborne

When I first tested this scent, my immediate reaction was "That's really different!", which it is. But then I realized what an odd smell it was, and couldn't place my finger on what I was actually smelling. So I forgot about it for a few weeks. But after reading a description of it, and discovering it has cayenne pepper, fig, and honey in it, I was curious. And when I saw several 5 oz bottles on sale at $4.77 at the local discount store, I bought one. (I can't resist those minis on sale.) Well, I'm wearing it right now... and the smell is almost overwhelming. (Is that the rum?) I love the name "Spark", and I love the deep, rich color of the liquid, but I must admit the smell is a little bit sickening! I think it would be much better without the rum or the cognac. Pass this one by, and get Spark Seduction instead: although they share the same name, Seduction is a slightly better scent, and you won't smell like the town drunk.

26th September, 2005 (Last Edited: 19th August, 2012)