k8pierro's avatar

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

My father had this in the 1970's, and I used to pinch some from him to wear out when I got "dressed up." I am female, and in 1970, the unisex fragrance concept hadn't quite gone mainstream, but I loved the deep mossy spice I got off of this--in fact, I always smelled clove, although it is not listed in the notes. I mean, when you start off loving Nuit de Noel in your childhood, where can you go from there for over-the-top fragrance glam...except here? (I guess Opium, Poison, or Obsession, but they always smelled too sweet to me). This, like Aramis (another of Dad's faves I "borrowed"), is Chypre on Steroids. This would probably choke me today, especially in the amounts I used to apply, but I did love it at the time, and I loved it on Dad, too.

20th August, 2012