The_Cologneist's avatar

Lacoste Elegance by Lacoste

An underrated gem is Lacoste Elegance. It opens up with a blast of white pepper (definitley not black pepper), and a confusing background, but just give it a second. Ahh, here comes the mint, it's raining mint leaves. Mint, mint, mint! Eventually it turns into a combination of raspberry, chocolate mocha, and a great mint note that is less intense than the opening. With some citrus in the background, and a little spice. The combination of the raspberry and citrus, makes me think of watermelon flavored Bubble Yum. The base brings in some sandalwood and amber. It slouches in the projection department from beginning to end, but lasts a good 8-10 hours.

I would say it's sort of a mix of a very light Fuel for Life, with a very light A*Men, minus the tar and patchouli of course. The reason I say A*Men, is because of A*Men's distinctive chocolate fudge note that I haven't found in any other fragrances. I feel Elegance has it, but much much lighter, with a mocha kick to it.

I really enjoy Elegance, and would love to know the perfumer behind this fragrance. If anyone knows, please message me!

01st September, 2012