hyblaean's avatar

Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

first contact- menthol, toilet bowl cleaner, fake flowers- cannot get my nose far enough away from my wrists
    after 10 min- lilacs and tuberose on me, smells like a very strong yankee candle version of those scents
    after 30 min- creamier, deeper, much nicer (although my spouse liked it better at 10 min)
    after 1 hr- starting to get a bit shrill. Not sure how to describe this. Maybe I'm just getting sick of it.
    after 3 hrs- excellent longevity, still very much a presence, but more green and likable now. If it started and ended like this I'd get a whole bottle.

Agree with everyone else the opening is strong, almost headache inducing for me, but the mellow version that follows is wearable by anyone who likes Tuberose. This will never be one of my favorites, but I'll indulge in the sample now and again just to revisit the scent.

09 September, 2012