The_Cologneist's avatar

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

Bvlgari Man is certainly my least favorite from this somewhat above average designer fragrance house. I have tried pretty much the entire line of men's fragrances, except for some of the Aqva flankers. Many of their fragrances are bottle worthy, but I don't feel the same with Bvlgari Man.

Man opens up with a sour citrus and woods accord, very reminiscent of Terre d'Hermes, Loewe 7, and Hypnose by Lancome. It fades down quick into a mostly musky fragrance. Eventually, a series of woodsy notes come in at the dry down, and although the nicest part of the fragrance, it's not enough to get my vote. Projection is very poor on me, but longevity is pretty solid, with 8+ hours.

Not really my thing. Especially with greats like BLV Notte, Black, Xtreme pH and others. Hopefully Bvlgari Man, won't be a sign of things to come from this house.

09th September, 2012