KJS88's avatar

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

Amber Pour Homme is a rare thing for me in the fragrance world; I like it, I love it, but it is one of those creations that truly bugs me in a way.

It is very typically 'Prada', but there's little Amber to it. I have this niggling wish that a particular stage of this scent lasted much longer: about about three minutes after spraying, until twenty-five minutes hence into the dry down. This stage is a perfectly balanced combinations of soapy, clean, fresh, warm, musky, sweet, floral, spice.

Unfortunately, thereafter it quickly descends into a rather indistinct, but still very 'Prada' dry down of white musky soap. It loses the beauty of that stage I love so much; you can still smell hints of it, but its no where near as good.

I think it would benefit from a re-working, and perhaps even a wider range of products: it would be gorgeous in soap, shaving cream, and body lotion form. Silver metal cannisters.

As it is though, its very nice. Has a similar feeling--not a similar smell at all--but a similar feeling in terms of aura and construction to l'Heure Bleue.

14th September, 2012