howiwondrwhatur's avatar

Midnight Pomegranate by Bath and Body Works

Discovering this fragrance was a Proust moment for me. I smelled it at line dance class, a fragrance, or even a note, that I have remembered and pursued ever since my early childhood, and that was many many decades ago!! When I heard the word, pomegranate, I was pleasantly surprised, as that has always been a favorite in scented candles. So, now I am wearing it (the lotion), and am very pleased with it. As I read the Fragrance Notes, I have to say, it is the Base Notes in this fragrance that really come through to me as recognizable. And I think it is the tobacco/sandalwood combo that gives
    the signature to this scent. I'm not exactly sure what "tobacco" as a basenote smells like, and to be honest, it doesn't seem appealing, and yet, I think it is the smokiness that I have been pursuing all along. I detect a bit of "60's" feel to it, and that surely must be the patchouli along with the exotic sandalwood. I'd have to call this a unisex fragrance. I like it very much. I am slow to make something a new favorite, but this is definitely working on me!

17 September, 2012