Richaki's avatar

Vie de Chateau Intense by Nicolaļ

Sadly, this one appears to be slightly below the radar which to me is odd considering that at the moment it is one of the first bottles I make a grab for in my go to fragrance arsenal.

The fruity opening begins with an elegant combination of hay and grapefruit exhibited here with sparkling originality and dovetailing nicely with the low key tobacco, musk and leather all lurking around in the background, before finally drying down to a chypre base oozing with class and style.

The scent also displays a handy versatility along with a healthy disregard for seasonality. Finally, the only weakness that I feel is worthy of mention is that on my skin the longevity seems a little thin.

All of the above therefore catapults this bottle into my personal top ten and I encourage any fellow 21st century urban nomads to short list this one for sampling and make it a true consideration when looking for some new juice.

22 September, 2012