SusyQ's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Encre Noire by Lalique

Sawdusts, a hint of smoke - not tar-like, more like the burnt wood-smell that appears when you use an electric stationary saw. (Not a chainsaw!)
    About five minutes after application I get the faintest hint of apple, but it only lasts for 10 minutes, and then it's all about the woods; but the initial sawdusts now replaced by smooth logs. On me - good sillage and it lasts all day, I can still smell it after showering.

This is a wellcrafted scent (it's a shame that the "EN pour elle"-version is so lame). I'm a woman, I'm 25 (which I like to think of as "young"), and I love this. The only reason I give this 4 stars and not 5, is because that smoke-like appearance disappears after the initial 10 minutes - I would've wanted it to stay.

The distinct woody character is associated with masculine fragrances, but who cares? This is good stuff, don't let the "masculine" label scare you off; this is an awesome scent.

28 September, 2012