flathorn's avatar

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I was afraid to try this one. After reading about this raw primal musk, I was sure it was going to reek on me. After enduring a bruising ride with Chergui, and Rahat Loukoum sending me into sugar shock, I figured there was no way I was going to survive Muscs Koublai Khan. But, there is justice after all!
    It's great, an amazing big warm musk. It's not rank on me, as I feared it would be, but rich & full of life. I'm as pleased I'm able to even wear it as I am I actually like it!
    It's not screaming 'Sex' to me as much as it is to others - it's exuding more of a primal energy, like the strong Lutens do on me. Except a primal smell *is* sort of the provence of the sexual arena. Tmn, this is Musc Ravageur amped up. The ambery base of both are such a perfect foil for musk.
    I just tried CB I Hate Perfume Musk, and two more different renditions would be difficult to find. That one, gassy, thin, unsexy, non-warm and cerebral, plays against the humanly urge as to what a sexual note should be and do for a person. This one checks off all the boxes...
    I can't wait to smell this on a man, also. While this is unisex, it seems to have a distinct positive man vibe to it. Looking forward to my first encounter.

07 August, 2006 (Last Edited: 04 October, 2012)