Jon_Remy's avatar

Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

I was sitting in the El Adobe Restaurant bar in San Juan Capistrano, when this lovely woman walked in and sat at the bar behind me. I was sitting in a chair behind her sipping my drink with my relatives, when her perfume kept wafting in my direction. I kept asking myself what was that fragrance? It kind of reminded me of Woman by Jovan. I asked the waiter to ask her what she was wearing. He came back and said Estee Lauder. He didn't specify which Estee Lauder, so I figured I'd just go to my local department store and smell them all and see which one it was. It turned out to be Youth Dew. I went ahead and bought a bottle. I really love Woman by Jovan, but the Youth Dew seemed a bit more potent, which I like. I prefer to wear fragrances which are noticeable, not hidden or subtle. I really don't care if someone complains about my fragrance. Too bad I don't smoke anymore, because I'd light up a cigarette and see if they'd prefer the cigarette smoke over my cologne. Some people just don't have lives and only have time to complain about petty things like someone's cologne. If you've got allergies or are hypersensitive to scents, then keep your distance and don't get near me. It's that simple. By the way, Happy New Year 2009 to all here on Basenotes! Wishing you all the best in 2009!

01st January, 2009