Jon_Remy's avatar

Insensé Ultramarine by Givenchy

YUKKKKKKK! Gagggggg..... Having bought a bottle at a frangrance store who didn't have a tester and the box was sealed, I had faith in Givenchy as I loved the majority of their fragrances, especially the ORIGINAL Insense (love it!!!), I went ahead and bought a 3.4-ounce bottle. When I got to my car, I sprayed some on and literally felt like I had to vomit! It did not smell blue, it did not smell aquatic, it did not smell fresh, it did not smell marine, BUT it smelled like emesis. I swear it had no defining quality about it. Pretty much smelled like the chemicals in an unscented hair spray. BARFFFFFF! This happened once when I sprayed a brand new bottle of Declaration by Cartier. That one, though, finally settled down into smelling like the original, a little like Armani pour homme (original), but not as citrusy. Anyway, it sits atop the shelf in my wardrobe, perhaps used in the future to scent my toilet tissue roll...

11th October, 2005