Oviatt's avatar

James Bond 007 by James Bond

Well, I tried this out today out of curiosity. A true novelty scent, this strikes me as a wasted opportunity. The bottle, with its cross hatching reminiscent of a Walther PPK, is a good start, a definite nod to the Bond legacy. From there on it could be anything.... mostly, though it is a pleasant, generic, fruity, woody, fresh scent. Apples? Bond? Really? Where is tang of gin and vermouth? The smell of gun oil and Morland special blend cigarettes? Where is the smell of cordite and manly sweat? Where is the burled wood and leather of a super-charged Bentley? Where is ANYTHING relating to James Bond, past or present? What a waste of an opportunity! Also, (and maybe this is the good news) it is completely gone in a few hours. I put on Habit Rouge at around 6:00 this morning and still smell it 12 hours later. I tried two generous sprays of 007 on my hand two hours ago and no longer smell it at all. Thanks goodness for Habit Rouge, is all that I can say!

20th October, 2012