Giannino's avatar

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

I knew there was something magical about GV when I first sniffed it at Westfield in San Francisco, whilst on vacation. A year or so later, I dread to think what my spring/summers would be like without GV in my arsenal. Like walking through a fresh, slightly citrusy, sparkling waterfall, GV makes the wearer feel energised but with the beauty and sophistication that one would expect from something as captivating as a waterfall.
    Top notes are indeed tinged with a citrus sparkle and the vetiver and oakmoss calmly show their hand to reveal a sense of elegance and gentlemanly charm that is seldom seen in 'fresh' fragrances these days.
    Without question my signature scent for spring/summer, with ample projection and longevity.
    On days when I prefer a change of mood and reach for one of my many other 'fresh' spring/summer fragrances, such as; Platinum Egoiste, Bleu de Channel or GIT, I'm always left wondering how my day would have turned out had I worn the masterpiece that is, Grey Vetiver, by Tom Ford...

18 November, 2012