charger's avatar

Oud Wood by Tom Ford

I was not quite sure what to expect with this one, especially after reading what oud or agar wood actually is. Hmm, the response from the tree producing more resin to fight off a fungus? Sounds like it will smell fantastic!

Really though this is a very masculine, moody, dark scent. Unisex? I don't think so, but I am sure there are some confident ladies who could pull it off nicely.

The first scents I get are woods, spice, incense, vetiver. I also pick up some smoky earth as well. There is a slightly plastic or astringent smell at first as well. It's not offensive but smells a little odd, but it quickly goes away and settles into a really nice scent.

I will have to stick to the little decant I got for now, but I'd love to grab a bottle of this down the road.

19 November, 2012