Darvant's avatar

Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier

This fragrance doesn't impress me too much frankly. I smell that sort of (nowadays) common intense dark synthetic woodiness (a bold woody masculine patchouli plus vetiver) finally tempered by some cozy soothing balsams and i don't catch any conjuration about A*Men despite the cocoa/ vanilla combo. I'm almost sure there is some touch of smoky tonka in here with vague reminiscences (but at distance, i mean far from my wrist) about some classics of the past (with all the enormous differences i think at Boucheron Pour Homme) and the more contemporary Burberry for Men. There is a durable green touch in the top, the fig leaves aromatic wet/green/almost earthy temperament and i detect a peppery vibe throughout. The final is more creamy and appealing but nothing so exciting for me. Pass by.

20th November, 2012