Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Amyris Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Casting aside my somewhat raised expectations at the door, I finally got to test AMYRIS HOMME on skin today only to discover what has got to be one of the most disappointing niche releases of the year. A synthetic WOODY AQUATIC???

Go ahead, break it down as technically as you can manage and it still doesn't change the fact that all we have here is a pricier rehash of a designer staple from the last decade. Bright calone-y tops, scratchy woods in the base. Think Paris Hilton for Men. Azzaro Bright Visit. etc. While I applaud Kurkdjian's master class in the use of unfamiliar combo of novel ingredients to create familiar structures, I certainly won't be getting a decant of this, much less a bottle.

Notes:
    rosemary, mandarin, amyris, Florentine iris, tonka bean absolute, modern woods

20th November, 2012