OCNBreeze7's avatar

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Not too shabby..!! A fresh showered soapy/powdery fragrance...

Most of the BVLGARI fragrances that I own tend to have a clean, fresh, almost soapy scent. BLV Pour Homme is no different, coming out of the gates with ginger notes then settling down to a cedarwood/juniper fragrance with tobacco as end notes. The blend is similar to some, but offers a uniqueness that belongs to BVLGARI. I like the fragrance... It is easy on the nose.

BVLGARI works hard creating a richness feel with it's fragrances. You notice that immediately with the packaging and the quality (and clarity) of the bottle. Not sure if anyone else notices these things, but I do admire quality design and packaging. BLV has average longevity, projection, and sillage - lasting about 6 hours on my skin and longer on my shirtsleeve. The fragrance offers diversity that permits acceptability for any time of year and occasion.

While I have not received any compliments, i.e. the Wow Factor, I enjoy wearing BLV and it creates confidence while wearing - that is all that really matters, right..?? If you are a BVLGARI fan, BLV should be added to your collection. Will I repurchase when the 1 ounce bottle is depleted - probably not - but it is worth buying to add to your collection and the diversity of fragrances worn. If you can pick it up in the $20-$25 range, definitely jump on it.

All things considered, I give BLV 4.0 stars out of 5. The fragrance is unique enough to give it a shot. Night swimming does the body good...

20th November, 2012