Ms Rochambeau's avatar

Écusson by Long Lost Perfume

Écusson was one of the first bottles of perfume in my vintage collection of scents. I have a 1/2 ounce bottle of the parfum , which judging from the other bottles I've seen, is from the 1960's or earlier. The ground glass stopper was frozen on when I acquired it and it remained that way for years. When I finally got curious enough to get the top open, I dismissed the scent, as my nose and my perfume knowledge were not yet sophisticated enough to understand Écusson and place it within a context at that time. This morning I put it on after all these years and I can finally say I "get it". While it won't make my TOP 25 list, I can say that it is a very soft, beautiful and well-blended aldehydic, powdery, floral with a base of soft woods, vanilla and musk. If you like Chanel No. 5, L'Interdit and other powdery florals in that vein, you'll love Écusson, because as cheryl said, it's very smooth. I can say that I like this enough that I'll now be reaching for it more often, especially on those mornings when I need something soft and mellow to start my day. Sillage is moderate.

29 November, 2012