FragranceFan255's avatar

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

A very nice fresh oriental. L'Nuit opens with a wash of warm and smooth spice that never becomes overbearing. The warmth of cardamom goes right through the composition. I definitely get the sex appeal in this. It has an almost boozy nature without smelling of liquor in any way. Its sweet, but not overly so. Fresh but saucy at the same time. I almost swear it warms my nostrils when I smell it. Very nice.

If there were a knock to be made to L'Nuit, albeit a minor one, I'd say it's this. What you smell is pretty much what you get. Once the top notes dissipate L'Nuit pretty much hums the same song until the final hour. Quite linear but I can't find it in me to accuse it of being boring. Every waft is a pleasure.

I'll definitely be looking to try more from this line such as the original, Libre, and Gingembre. Thumbs up!

03 December, 2012