Le Boise's avatar

Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne

I coveted this dry green herbal Neroli scent for many months before taking the plunge. I thought it would be my everyday signature scent, but I find I can only wear this for a particular mood and time of year- on rain soaked chilly days when courage, resilience and purposeful optimism are required along with copious amounts of coffee. There's no tender powdery florality or feminine character to this one, this is the bitter boldness of sunbaked crushed Neroli leaves over a bed of moss and resins. This is a very confident crisp take charge type of Neroli that will get you out of bed. Grand Neroli is completely unisex, if not slightly better on a Man, but I wear it anyway and it is an excellent fresh daytime professional scent that, IMO, falls in the same category as Chloe's Eau de Fleurs Capucine. I like it better in the dreary bleak Winter- as opposed to many soft dewy orange blossom type scents I love for Spring and Summer. As with many Atelier offerings, this fragrance is on the lower end of the sillage spectrum compared to DSH Neroli, TM Portofino Neroli and Le Labo Neroli 36 (for example). However, it lingers for 4-6 hours on my skin and periodically strikes a chord of moss with galbanum- here, or a dash of bergamot tinged petitgrain- there. The drydown is a grounding resinous balm and I think this one good standard for the true Neroli lovers fragrance wardrobe.

04 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 10th December, 2012)