MapOfTheWoods's avatar

Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Man, oh man. I make no bones about my love for Amouage fragrances. They are my choice for ANY scent that works. Jube XXV is an absolute wonder. Two sprays, and I'm sublime for hours and hours... in fact, a dose usually lasts 24 hours on my skin. A true gentleman's scent, this one is a true winner in my collection.

As I've stated before, Amouage can do no wrong. Jube XXV has the heart of ALL Amouage fragrances, as they all bewilder with incense. For me, the opening enchants me with fruity celery. I have always loved celery seed in a fragrance, and this one just makes it that much nicer with an addition of coriander, berries, rose (Thank you, Amouage, for creating THE ultimate masculine rose scents!), and cedar. At its heart, this could be considered a gourmand-y scent, but what we're getting is a true uplift from the spices.

There are other Amouage scents that give me that "desert caravan/spice market" vibe, but this one has something else at its core. A good-natured gentleman would appreciate the almost youthful appeal that this one possesses. This is not to say that somebody in their teens or twenties could pull it off. This is for a guy in their 30s, 40s, and up. This is for the man who wants to stand out as a man of passion, importance, and an iron fist, yet still chuckles at old Bugs Bunny cartoons.

I wear this to the clubs on occasion, and it gets quite an interesting reaction, mostly "hmmm... what is that?"... I'm assuming that in the city where I live, nobody knows the aroma of class and positivity. Jubilation, indeed. Both thumbs way up, followed by hearty applause. Go, Amouage, go!

10th December, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 December, 2012)