msi_21's avatar

Iran Iran

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

There are few perfumes out there which have ads that correctly visualize the scent concept and Terre D'Hermes is one of them: A young man with well built naked torso...a free spirited horse...orange soil which form an orange cloud in the blue sky.

The ad provides an exact visualization of the style of this perfume. It's style fits a strong character who is headstrong, non-conformist and individualistic. In my experience TdH is far from being a crowd pleaser: it commands respect!

The scent is probably the most serious one I've ever encountered and when I smelled it the first time back in 2006 I knew this is an instant classic. Not surprisingly it has been a great hit among perfumistas since its been launched.

Getting more particular about the scent I should say after a loud and noisy opening it settles to a solid fabulous woody spicy composition built around citrus and pepper. Although I myself don't wear it because of personal preferences, I must confirm that it is a unique and outstanding work of art which truly deserves being called a 'masterpiece.'

Fantastic longevity and projection.

16th December, 2012